At Mayesbrook Park Campus, we offer students the opportunity to take part in a range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities. These are a great way of building confidence, self-esteem, friendships and skills, and of fostering links with the wider community. These include:
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award – including residential trips and outdoor activities.
- After-school circuit training – on Wednesdays and Fridays, 2.45pm to 3.30pm.
- Reward trips throughout the year to Stubbers Activity and Adventure Centre and Lambourne End Outdoor Centre for quad biking, archery, high-ropes, canoeing and other activities.
- Residentials – one-day, weekend and four-day trips.
- Sports ambassador training to work with younger pupils and students with disabilities at borough-wide events.
All of our students are actively encouraged to participate in any of the above activities they are interested in. Reward trips are linked to good attendance and our reward system.
During their initial meeting at the campus, parents/carers will be asked to sign a consent form that covers most of these activities.
Most of our trips are free, but where a small cost is involved, parents should send the appropriate amount in an envelope (with their child’s name on the front) to the school office.
Parents/carers can find out about forthcoming trips and activities via letters home and our termly newsletters.